I was asked recently to present a webinar on creating better video. The idea is, with this time of crisis, many of us are taking the time to learn new marketing techniques. So here are my 10 Tips For Creating Better Video. (And yes you can watch the VIDEO of this here).
Video is huge…and growing. It’s a great way to tell the story of your business. Here is a great statistic to consider. People remember 20% of what they hear. 30% of what they see. 70% of what they hear AND see!
Zoom calls and have shown us the power…and some possible pitfalls of video. So here is Top 10 List of Tips!
10 Tips For Better Video
1. Lighting Matters: We have seen the zoom call where you are backlit by a window. You are invisible. Consider lighting before you shoot.
2. Consider a Mic: Or at least work on good clear audio. Nothing is more distracting than bad audio…and it will keep people from watching the video…and getting your message.
3. Use a tripod.: Or do your best to keep the video steady. These are all just basics so you don’t lose people before they get your message at all!
4. Think Different Angles: What does this shot look like from a low angle? High angle? My former lead of video was 6 7. I always knew when he shot a video…because it was from his height. Some shots can look TOTALLY different from another angle. Put the camera on the ground. Or consider taking the next shot from a higher perspective. That’s why people love Drone footage.
5. Do An Extra Take! You think you have it…but you might not. Dogs might have barked. Emails dinged. Whatever. Do it one more time. You will thank me.
6. Don’t use Equipment as an excuse. For most of you…your phone is a GREAT way to start. As a matter of fact, I still use my phone a lot. The best camera is the one you have on you…and I have my phone all of the time.
7. Spend time on the Message. Spend time before you start to roll the video thinking about what you want to say. Create a script or outline or bullets. We think we can just “wing it” and the video ends of looking like we are winging it!
8. Create videos with your customers in mind. Answer their questions. Educate them. It’s not just about you.
9. Shared Platforms are powerful. Delivering Marketing Joy is great because I get to interview people that make me smarter…they help the audience…AND it gives you and them a bigger audience.
10. It’s not what you can create. It’s what you can re-create. Consistency is so important. Dollar Shave club is the exception. You don’t create one video and then you are famous. You have to show up again and again. Create something you can create again and again…think that way from the beginning.!
Thanks for checking these out! If you want more content, head to our blog page. And if you want to learn and grow more, check out our 5 Day Marketing Course here.
Finally, if you want to chat with us about video, or learn more about what we can do for you…head here.